Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Give Thanks



Well, it's that time of year again where the holidays sneak up on you like a thief in the night. Although, we should celebrate our family, friends & loved ones everyday, Thanksgiving is extra special because this is the day besides Christmas, when family get together the most to celebrate their time with each other. It is also good to remember those who have lost loved ones, reach out to them and show them some love as well, this time of year can be extra hard for them.

This year, I get to kinda free up my hands for doing a lot of cooking and to also incorporate some of my vegan soul food dishes to the table for all to enjoy. I won’t just be eating sides but my mother-in-law bought me a Gardein Holiday Roast  and I’m making potato salad, peach cobbler & cranberry sauce (you haven’t had real cranberry sauce if you haven’t made your own), I’ll provide a simple recipe after this post. 

Instead of feeling overwhelmed with all the cooking I thought I was going to have to do, I’m actually relieved and excited that I don’t have to do it this year so Yaaassss for me! I’m coming in the door smelling all kinds of good and my skin super soft from exfoliating with our Bariki Body Care’s new Brown Sugar Vanilla Orange  Scrub.


Brown Sugar Scrub Orange Vanilla

I pray you Lovelies have a wonderful time with your friends, family & loved ones. A heartfelt thank you to you all for your love and support, I am truly honored to be blessed by you!

Recipe for Cranberry Sauce

INGREDIENTS

  •  1 cup sugar
  •  1/2 cup water
  •  1/2 cup fresh orange juice
  •  12-ounces fresh cranberries (frozen may be substituted)
  •  1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  1. Bring to sugar, water and orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan.
  2. Add cranberries and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and cook stirring occasionally for about 10-15 minutes, until sauce thickens.
  3. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.








No comments:

Post a Comment