Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Give Thanks to Family Traditions


Well, it's that time of year again where the holidays sneak up on you like a thief in the night. Although, we should celebrate family everyday, those days are extra special because those are the days when family get together the most to celebrate their time with one another. 

I remember growing up, we would get all dressed up to go to my grandparents house for dinner. It would be so fun to hear the music playing in the background, the aroma of good smelling food in the air, my cousins, brothers and I having a ball playing Nintendo. My Grandmother would 2 tables setup, one for the adults and one for us churins'. We had the best Christmas Tree! My Grandfather would get the biggest one that would go all the way up to the top of the roof. My grandmother would let us decorate it the night before too, we would add the candy canes, ornaments and sometimes chocolate...It was different but I think me and my cousin Tee would eat them as we tried to put them in the tree. There was so much joy in the house, we would eat until our hearts were content. Now we're all grown with our own families. Oh how I miss the days of going to my grandparents house during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment